четверг, 2 сентября 2021 г.

Back to school. 02/09/2021 (7th grade)

 Back to school



Read, translate the text and do the tasks.

Daniel

I quite like going back to school in September as I'm usually bored by the end of the holidays. We live in a tiny village and my friends from school all live a few miles away - sometimes 1 cycle over to see them and sometimes my mum gives me a lift in  the car, but there are still three or four days a week during the holidays when I've got no one to hang out with.

Another good thing about going back this year is that I've chosen the subjects I'm going to study for GCSE and from now on I won't have to do some of the subjects I didn't like, such as chemistry.


John

Going back to work in September will be good. I feel I've had a good break and am looking forward to seeing the kids again. My friends with office jobs are very envious of my holidays - they get about five weeks off a year while teachers, of course, get about three times that.

I teach Year Two: six and seven year-olds, which is a really nice age. They're sweet  kids.


Mark

I don't like the end of the summer holidays. You have six weeks of freedom and then it's back to boring homework,  teachers and having to get up at seven in the morning. I can't even sit next to my mates in class - the teachers separate us because they say we mess around too much.

The only good thing is the school sport, because I miss playing football during the summer.


Helen


It's difficult to believe how quickly the summers go by. When I was a kid the six-week holidays seemed like forever-when school finished in July you never thought about September because it seemed too far away.

It's not like that now. As a head teacher I obviously have a lot of school issues to think about before September arrives - I can't just switch off for six weeks.


GCSE - General Certificate of Secondary Education

to be envious - заздрити

 freedom - свобода

school issues - шкільні питання ( клопоти, справи


READ THE TEXT AND FIND:

 

1-VERBS( present simple, present continuous, present perfect, simple past)

2-ADJECTIVES

3 NOUNS RELATED TO SCHOOL

 

 

MATCH THE PHRASAL VERBS WITH THE CORRECT MEANING

 

1- GO BACK                                   TO CHANGE FROM DOING ONE THING TO ANOTHER  THING

 

2- SWITCH OFF                              PASS (TIME)

 

3-HANG OUT WITH                      TO WAKE UP AND GET OUT OF BED

 

4- GET  ABOUT                              HAVE NICE TIME WITH FRIENDS

 

5- MESS AROUND                         TO BEHAVE IN A SILLY WAY

 

6- GO BY                                          RETURN

 

7- GET UP                                        MOVE, TRAVEL

 

 

 

 

 

Who…?

WRITE THE NAME OF THE PEOPLE NEXT TO THE SENTENCES.

 

1- ……………  AND …………….. ARE TEACHERS.

2- ………………AND  …………… ..ARE PUPILS.

3-………………. DOESN’T LIKE THE END OF HOLIDAYS.

4-………………. HAS A LOT OF ISSUES AT SCHOOL.

5-………………. WANTS TO SEE THE KIDS AGAIN.

6- ……………… LIVES IN A SMALL VILLAGE.

7-……………….IS GOING TO STUDY FOR  GCSE.

8-……………….LIKES PLAYING FOOTBALL.

9- …………… THINKS THAT SUMMER HOLIDAYS WENT BY VERY QUICKLY.

 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий