понедельник, 24 февраля 2020 г.

Revision Unit 4 for the 5th grade


Revision
Unit 4



1   Complete these sentences by putting ONE word in each gap.
0     Layla loves learning about the past, so she really likesHistory classes.
1     We meet our ___________ tutor every morning and she checks who’s here.
2     It’s easy to ___________ to know new people at school.
3     Art is my ___________ subject – I love painting and drawing so much!
4     We learn about different countries and landscapes in ___________ classes.
5     OK class, I want you to make a ___________ to put on the wall with information about an animal.
6     OK everyone, use your ___________ to see how long the sides of the squares are.
7     I’m really good at using computers, so I really enjoy Information ___________ classes.
   
2    Say if these sentences are Correct (C) or Incorrect (I). For questions 6–8, write the correct form if the sentence is Incorrect.

0     Den’s parents working in the same company.               I
1   Karolina meets her friends every weekend.     __
2   What time are you starting school
every day?                                                                                               __
3   Look at the weather! It’s raining really hard.    __
4   Zak and Angela aren’t checking their
Facebook pages every day.                                                          __
5   We never visit museums at the weekend.                      __
6   Why is your dad spending so much time
in the bathroom this morning?                                                      __
_______________________________________
7   Eloise and her brother chat with some
friends in the garden at the moment.                              __
_______________________________________
8   Fabio and his family isn’t really liking
Italian food.                                                                                             __
_______________________________________



3   Choose the correct words from the box to complete the polite requests and replies. There are four extra words.
can     glass help I internet    lend     no need     of second Sure     tell     use     using you
Request
Reply
Can I use your pen, please?
Sorry, I 0need it.
Can I have a 1___________ of water, please?
2___________.
Can you 3___________ me the answer to question two, please?
Yes, 4___________ course.
Can I look at the
5___________ on your computer, please?
Sorry 6___________ can’t – it’s broken.
Please can I 7___________ your phone for a minute?
OK, just a
8
___________.
Can you 9___________ me with this exercise, please?
Yes,10___________ problem





4   Read the text and the sentences below. Which section (A, B, C or D) is each sentence about?  You can use the letters more than once.


Which section…
Letter:
1
… describes someone that they meet on the run?

2
… describes how the other pupils are feeling?

3
… says who Nelly is running with?

4
… talks about getting some advice?

5
… says which kind of running Nelly likes?

6
… says how far Nelly is running today?

7
… explains when people usually go cross country running?





My First PE Class: Cross Country Running

A
I’m Nelly, and I’m in the first PE class at my new school. Today we’re doing cross country running. Let me tell you about cross country running! Normally I enjoy running at school. We run a few hundred metres around a track. I’m very good at 400-metre races.

B
But cross country running is different! Now we’re running five kilometres! Can you believe it? I usually love sport, especially running, but I’m not enjoying myself much today. I’m with my best friend and we’re running across a big field near our school. It’s summer and it’s much too hot!

C
You normally go cross country running in the winter because it’s nice and cool then, so I don’t understand why we’re doing it today. It’s really strange because the rest of the students in my class seem fine – they’re smiling and chatting as they run.

D
I can hear a person running just behind me. They’re going very fast. How can they run so fast on this hill? They’re coming past me now and I can see it’s Hameed Shah, a famous runner from my town. Wow! He’s telling us to keep going and how to improve. Maybe I like cross country running after all!


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий