пятница, 27 января 2023 г.

The future : will/ be going to/ present continuous/ present simple - Rules

 

TALKING ABOUT THE FUTURE

Rules


WILL/WON’T

BE GOING TO (DO SMTH)

PRESENT CONTINUOUS

Am/is/are + Ving

PRESENT SIMPLE

+V/Vs/es

-?Do/does + V1

 Prediction

exI will be rich one day.

Predictions based on things we can see now or everybody knows

ex.Look at the sky: it’s going to rain.

Fixed arrangements (we have already made all the arrangements)

ex.We are meeting with Liam tomorrow near Leeds at 18.00.

Timetables

Schedules

 

ex.The match starts at 18.00 tomorrow.

The judo classes for beginners start next week.

 

On the spot decision

ex.Wait, I’ll help you.

 

Intentions

ex.I’m going to take up running.

 

 

 

Warnings

Offers

Promises

ex.Watch out, you’ll fell over.

I will help you.

I will never forget you.

 

Plans (we haven’t made all the arrangements yet)

ex.I am going to buy a new pair of trainers, so I’m looking for some online.

 

 

With words

Think

Probably

ex.I think he will win.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий